Saturday, April 16, 2011

I Need Jesus


The Jesus I read about in the gospels is the Jesus I need.

But I am not talking about needing a miracle worker who can bring healing with a word. Or the Son of God to offer forgiveness and grace. Neither am I talking about needing a Saviour who died and rose again. (I only say that because He has already done those things for me.)

The Jesus I need today is the One who has seen it all, experienced it all and now sits beside God, speaking on my behalf. He is the One who understands.

In reading the gospel of John, I am amazed at how many different experiences and emotions Jesus has. From joyful times of celebration with family and friends right through to total rejection by the same people. From times of feasting to times of utter desolation and loneliness.

Jesus experienced it all, as a human, so He could offer us understanding and encouragement as we journey through similar experiences in life. I am so grateful to have One who sympathises with me, was tempted in every way, felt pain and sadness, endured trials and now goes into bat for me with the Father.

That's the Jesus I need.
He is One who....

  • explained the same things over and over....and was still misunderstood.
  • loved people so much....but was hated by so many.
  • spoke only words of truth...but was accused of being a deceiver.
  • was passionate about life....but had His taken from Him.
  • gave the greatest gift ever....but has had that gift rejected so many times.
  • saved others.....yet walked each day under the threat of losing His own life.
  • offered hope and healing....but was continually questioned about His motives.
  • spent time with a loving Father at night.....but faced angry 'Father followers' each day.
  • needed rest and peace and 'time out'....but was followed and watched and demanded from continually.
  • knew the end of the story was good.....but lived hard days along the way.
  • was light....yet surrounded by constant darkness.
  • had it all.....but gave up everything in order to rescue me.


Jesus...THANK-YOU!

1 comment:

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)