Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Failure is NOT an Option

So...my last blog post outlined my resolutions...all 3 of them...that would help me be healthier and happier.


[My plan.....stop the chocolate...eat fruit for snacks (bread is banned!)....exercise every day.] 


5 days on and I am not sure I am either!


A friend of mine said starting an eating and exercise regime on a Friday was a dumb idea....turns out she was right. Friday came and went and of my 3 point plan, I compromised on one...accidentally broke another and outright failed the third. Not a great start.


Then there was the weekend...no more needs to be said there.


Monday rolled around and all would have been well except I forgot to take my lunch to school. But here's where there is a glimmer of hope.


So with no lunch (a freshly packed salad left on the top shelf in my fridge!) I looked around school for something to eat. We have chocolates and soft drink on sale in the staffroom. I didn't have enough for a drink but I did look in the chocolate box. Yep...3 left. But all were Crunchies...of which I am not a great fan....so I kept my money in my pocket and drank water instead. A vast improvement over what I might have done a week ago. 


I also exercised on Monday and did not snack on bread....so 3 ticks...yay!


Tuesday dawned as a promising day and within an hour I knew I had a dreaded tummy bug. So that means I couldn't exercise (needing to always be within mere metres of a loo) and I couldn't eat either. Nice balance.


Now Wednesday has dawned. There is no chocolate in my house...I have plans for a 40 minute walk with j at lunch time and there is no bread on the menu for me today, at all.


Things are looking up.


BTW...is anyone out there having a pre-spring red-hot-go at making changes to anything in their life?? If so, let me know about it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)