Friday, January 6, 2012

2012

This morning I was reading little j a couple of Jesus stories during breakfast. It's a part of our morning routine. The book is simple with cute pictures of puppy dogs and fluffy lambs on every page...okay, they're not exactly a true representation of Bible times, but they sure keep little ones interested.


Anyway, the stories we were reading were from Jesus' last week on earth. And as we read them, I was again reminded of why I follow Jesus. Look what He offers and promises....


But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. (Luke 22:32) 
Jesus wants our success in faith, and He prays for just that. His greatest desire is for His brothers and sisters in the faith to be strong and courageous, to be faithful and to persevere. And not only does He set the example for that, but also, He prays on our behalf for God to allow it to be so.


In the garden on that terrible night of His betrayal (at the hands of a friend) He reminded those who followed Him to not be afraid. John 14: 1-7 tells us: 
Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him 
and have seen him. 
Jesus has our future in His hands...trustworthy, open, generous hands. When we follow Him we follow the Way...the way of plans and purposes, of meaning and significance. He brings Truth and gives us Life.


So as a new year gets under way I am reminded of the One I will be following throughout 2012. He is good...He is truth and life....He is for me....and He is God. And that's more than enough.





1 comment:

  1. Great reminder Kirsty... as always.

    I have been challenged along these lines also. Have you heard of Peter Kreeft? We listened to a podcast on our Sydney trip - pretty heavy but inspiring and challenging stuff.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)