Friday, January 20, 2012

A Fresh Start

I love the beginning of a new school year. It is a joy to work where I do and so today, after a 2 hour stint of PD (the benefits of working part-time) with my vibrant and thoughtful and fun colleagues....I am excited!


I am excited to plan for a new term. I am excited to start teaching next week (even if it is only 1 afternoon a week). I am excited to put on my new uniform. I am excited to take the Wednesday afternoon journey with 20 delightful teenaged girls. I am excited to share my faith with them in Biblical Studies. I am excited to be teaching alongside of some of the most talented and nicest people you will ever meet.

No doubt some of the excitement will have abated by oh, about week 3 when we get into assessment. But I will try to remember this feeling of anticipation and joy. I will try to remember the reason I plan and prepare and teach.

What excites you? And how do you sustain the joy and excitement when the going gets a little tough?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)