Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What 'Thanks' Says

I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, 
and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.  
~G.K. Chesterton

Well said G.K.! I agree whole heartedly.

Here's why....

When we thank others we are saying - (read these slowly:)

  • You are appreciated...valued...worthwhile 
  • Your contribution to my life is important, meaningful, a gift  
  • Your effort is appreciated, and so are your thoughtfulness and kindness, your hard work and creativity 
  • Your generosity is a Godsend 
  • I have noticed you 
  • I value you 
  • I love you and your work.

Our thanks can encourage, uplift, settle, rescue, bless and honour others. We have the power of life (and death) with our tongues so how about using thanks genuinely, frequently, widely and graciously? Today.



2 comments:

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)