Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sick

Being sick is nothing like delightful. It's just plain hard.


What's harder is when the one who's sick is your little nearly-10 month old.

Little j has woken up this morning....mega early.....with a runny nose and cough and that look of  generally feeling miserable.

And there's nothing I can do to make him all better...now!

So in the midst of snot and tears and eye rubbing and nose wiping, I think PATIENCE and CUDDLES will be the best medicine.

I can do cuddles, but I struggle with patience. I like things done...NOW! I like things done...MY WAY!

So in this little season of sickness, I will ask God to give me patience. And I love that He answers those prayers.

To me, that's one of the very best things about being a Jesus-follower....He sets the example but He also gives us the power and ability to do like-wise.

So....if today your challenge is not a lack of patience, but a lack of peace or joy or courage or self-control or goodness or.......don't stew on your 'lack' but go to the One who has it all in abundance and ask Him to share.

He'll be delighted to.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh - just what I needed. I have two little girls playing with playdough in the kitchen... To some, this sounds heavenly, to me - I find it sooooo intense! All that mess! But, I have to allow them to create and have fun - which they are.

    Thanks for the 'word in season'. Patience and joy please now Lord!

    Mwah,
    B

    ReplyDelete

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)