Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What Do You Do When It's All Too Much?

Don't get me wrong....this post's title is not meant to be a cry for help. I am fine.

I am just pondering life and the way we fill it with 'good' busyness. But even as we do, we have a sense that we are doing too much and feeling overwhelmed....frustrated.....anxious.......

A wise man today reminded me about Mary and Martha - 2 sisters who did things a little differently the day Jesus came to visit. You can read their story here.

One fussed and fretted over all she had to do and the other sat with Jesus, listening to Him speak. Jesus commended the one who was still and listening, not the one who was 'too busy' serving to spend time with Him.

That's one teaching of Jesus that I still need to learn well. But it did prompt me today to consider my response to His call to spend time with Him....daily.

And to think about how my family's schedule looks in terms of busyness.

And to consider my response to those feelings that so often pop up when I do have too much 'busyness' in my life.

Today I give myself a little pat on the back. Rather than continuing to ponder the long 'to do' list and start to stress and rather than crying or quitting or calling a sister or Mum or friend to vent.....I simply talked to God about it. I told Him how I felt and I asked for His help.

And as I said at the beginning, I am fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)