Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Deee-licious!

Humble pie tastes great doesn't it? That moment when you realise you have gotten it wrong...again...and need to confess and seek forgiveness really can be so very challenging and well...humbling.

My pastor's wife...a wise and lovely lady...offered this gem before I married J:"Kirsty, never assume anything." Simple words, yet so incredibly hard to do in the heat of the moment when I feel wronged or misunderstood or upset or disappointed or frustrated.

Sadly, last Sunday saw me 'assume' two things about J's actions - wrongly - in a very short space of time. And when I realised my mistake I felt terrible. I felt like I had not been the wife my husband needed, certainly not the helper I am called to be.

I guess the beauty in this ugly situation was that I realised my sin and asked God for forgiveness. Actually, in thinking about it...I should have sought forgiveness from J too. I will do this tonight!

Anyway...at least my eyes were opened to the failure and my heart was soft enough to feel remorse and seek forgiveness and restoration.

Which, thanks to God's graciousness and hopefully, my husband's too....leaves the slate clean again and the words 'Don't assume anything'....resounding in my head.

How much better to live those words than have to eat humble pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)