Friday, March 4, 2011

On My Mind This Week....

Do you ever feel like you have days...maybe weeks....where your head is so full and jumbled that it gives you a headache?


I woke up with a dull thudding in my brain this morning and rather than blaming getting up to baby during the night, I thought I'd take the time to think about all that's been in my head this week.


Here's a sample.....

  • planning lessons....for next week during and after a 3AM feed and wishing I could just shut off the brain so I could sleep
  • feeling really hot
  • do people think that me being a Christian is all about what I DON'T do?
  • why is j so whingey? why is he waking through the night so often? why do I have not a clue as to the answer to those questions?
  • how do I politely refuse an offer of more work?
  • should I even be working at all?
  • why am I so selfish? judgemental? impatient? lazy?
  • trying to fit another thing into a day that is already full
  • wondering what to cook for mum's group or dinner...only to find half the ingredients for what I wanted to make are no longer in the pantry
  • working out the best times to make phone calls...a) for when I'll actually be able to talk to the person on the other end of the phone b) for when it fits into the eating, sleeping, playing schedule that's running this end and c) for when I feel like I am alert and awake enough to make it a worthwhile conversation
  • considering ebay purchases
  • planning a holiday
  • the grocery shopping dilemma
  • AND so it goes.......



I guess as a woman....a wife....a mother.....that list of things our mind dwells on is always 
l-o-n-g....VERY long. And yes....it can certainly seem overwhelming at times.


But I have also been reminded of God's promise to me....Isaiah 26:3 - You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.


Now the question is.....will I allow room in that full and swirling mind for my focus to be on trusting Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)