Monday, March 7, 2011

What a Woman #Seven

The end of the series is nigh...in fact, here's my final thoughts.

The woman of excellence in Proverbs 31.......What a Woman! She's a little like a mythical creature....can she really be real? She's a little too challenging at times....can anyone really be that perfect? She's clever and capable, practical and thoughtful, generous and energetic, wise and well dressed......so many things I am not. And yet, I don't resent her for that. I am just asking God to help me be more of those things, not so my head gets any bigger....just so I can be the blessing He wants me to be to others.

So I'll finish with a quick flick through the original list I wrote when I first looked through Proverbs 31 at the end of last year. These are things that stood out to me and challenged me most about how I was living...or not living as the case may be.

She.....(and therefore I need to....)

  • laughs at the days to come....I can smile at the unknown future because I have blessed assurance - Jesus is mine and He walks with me through all things
  • speaks with wisdom....Lord may my words be few and when I do utter them, may they be so very wise
  • is not idle.....I'm looking for balance here - to not just be busy for busy's sake, but to know when and how to rest as well
  • brings her husband good.....through prayer and then very practical means
  • starts the day early....thanks baby boy - you make that so much easier:)
  • helps the poor and needy......ahhhh! my never-ending challenge
  • has value....thanks God that WHO I am and what I do matters
  • is enthusiastic.....yay for life!
  • is ready...no matter the season of life. As I said last post, if times are good....prepare now. And if times are tough....hold on my friend.
  • dresses well......clothing herself in strength and dignity
  • will be rewarded...bring it on!
  • is praised, not because she is and does all these amazing things, but simply because she fears the LORD. May that be you and I too.....that we are women who consider the good He has done and the awesomeness He is and we revere, worship and honour Him.


Ahh yes....a woman of excellence...who can find?


I can....she is reading this line right now!

1 comment:

  1. It has been a while since I have clicked through to your blog - love the new look. Great to be reminded on what a woman of excellence is.... Very timely.

    I guess a woman of excellence is not one who sits on the couch reading blogs while her baby gets tangled in his big sister's fairy dress! Best go and do some excellenting things!

    ReplyDelete

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)