Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Name

I have a confession to make.

Today's reading was Nehemiah 10-12...and I have to admit that I skim read lots of it. Have a quick glance at those chapters and you might be able to work out why I didn't do a thorough read.

Lists and lists of names....half of them I can't even pronounce. Boring!

Well actually, not boring if you think about it like this.....

What if it were MY name listed there....right in the middle of God's Word? What if I was being recognised for all of humankind to read and see that I was a person who loved and served God? What if I was counted amongst the ones who were worthy of special mention because they obeyed the Lord?

I got to wondering how God looks at my life, my heart and my actions. When He looks at me, does it make Him smile? Do I make Him proud? Am I a 'chip off the old block?'

So today...even though I woke up grumpy and a little bit sad....I am determined to move on. I don't want to waste this day. I don't want to give God cause to shake His head or be disappointed. I want to get to the end of the day and as I lay my head on my pillow, be able to look back and know that I had a day 'well spent' and even though it may not be full of actions and thoughts that would get my name in the Bible, it was still a day that I lived for the One who gave it to me.

1 comment:

  1. There needs to be a 'like' button on your blog, like facebook!!!!

    Thanks for today's message :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)