Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Psalms Fun


I just finished reading Psalms this morning. It's taken me a few months with 2-3 Psalms read every Wednesday and today...I finished the last of all 150. I'm a bit sad about that really cause David and friends sure know how to write.

But is was great timing as I received an email slide show from my aunt...something I have seen before, but nevertheless, a great reminder of how amazing God and His word are.

The shortest chapter of the Bible is Psalm 117.
The longest chapter is Psalm 119.
And the centre chapter is Psalm 118.
There are 594 chapters before Ps 118 and 594 chapters after Ps 118.
Add 594 and 594 and you get 1188.
The central verse in the whole Bible is Ps 118:8.
What does the central verse have to tell us about God and life????
Check it out for yourself: Psalm 118:8
Clever!

1 comment:

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)