Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Friends & Faves #5

Friends:
My sister Taryn had a little 'oopsie' a couple of weeks ago. As she was helping her 2 yr old with the potty, she collapsed on the floor and by the next morning the ambos had to carry her off to hospital!
Here's a little bit of follow-up since that event:

album.php.jpg
Taryn and her beautiful family...although little R joined them all this year too

I don't know about you, but sometimes I get caught up in "me" so much that it takes something radical to make you realise it's not necessarily the way it is!! I often lament, "Oh I have no friends, or really how many really know me, blah, blah, blah."
Well last week I ended up in emergency in the local hospital as I was unable to get out of bed with a ruptured disc in my back. I spent all day in emergency and all that time I almost felt as though I was being protected in a bubble (maybe it was just the drugs!!) Since then I have found out that I had many people praying for me and my family. Our pastor came up to the hospital within an hour of me being there and prayed for us too! By the end of the day - I was still sore, but was able to walk and came home. Since then, I have been overwhelmed with meals, people dropping in to hang out my washing, people folding my washing, people offering to take my kids to the park, others just holding the baby (something I couldn't do for a while there!), someone cleaning my house, just dropping in to see if there was anything they could do. I have been blown away. So your blog the other day about encouragement..... having been on the receiving end of such outpourings of love and care have restored my faith in humanity.
As I jokingly said to my hubby earlier in the week - "Maybe I should injure my back more regularly" Just jokes!! So to all those who have given of themselves in some way, you have blown me away. Thank you seems so inadequate. I love youse all! 


Thanks T...for reminding us of a few things this Fab Friday...
1. We need to have an 'others' focus. The old Sunday School song taught us "JOY" will be ours when we put Jesus first, Yourself last and Others inbetween. Hmmmmmm....how you going with that??
2. Prayer...it's got power! Don't just pray for yourself today...pray for someone else.
3. Generous friends are heavenly. It doesn't take much. If you're not sure what to do to help, just ask. Or check out yesterday's blog post. That stuff applies no matter if there's a new baby in the house or not:)
4. Saying 'thanks' and 'I love you' is so important. Make it your mission in life to always have 'an attitude of gratitude' and vocalise it...often!
5. Be careful around pottys! Say no more:)
PS. A phone call to T yesterday reveals she is on the mend in a 'miraculous' way. Can even cross her legs again. Thanks God...see? Praying and saying 'thanks' in a matter of 2 words and 2 seconds! Easy as.


Faves:
3:50 of 'must see' Compassion message. Absolutely LOVE IT! Just think, ONE ACT can change a life....doesn't matter if you're a teenager or not!
Please watch it.....Compassion One Act

Enjoy the weekend my friends xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)