Wednesday, November 3, 2010

God is.....

I Peter 1:21 says -
...and so your faith and hope are in God.
Yes...that's right, they are. But who is this God??
Type that 2 word phrase "God is" into a blueletterbible search and it occurs in 161 verses.
Here's just some of them.... to paint you a picture of this amazing God..... who is my hope:


God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfil?

God is near us whenever we pray to him

God is a merciful God

God is God; he is the faithfulGod, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.

For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome,

For God is the King of all the earth

Surely God is my help

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever

For the Lord God is a sun and shield

God is full of compassion.

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."

The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.

God is with you.

God is a righteous judge

God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries

God is truthful

God is faithful

God is the builder of everything.

God is a consuming fire

God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

God is love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)