Monday, October 25, 2010

50 words

10 weeks to go:)
As I head down the home straight of reading through the Bible in a year, I came across this little gem...again. Considering the gazillion words I have read throughout the year, it's clever that someone came up with these 50 as a summary of God's Word. Not bad I reckon. 
What was bad was when I presented this to the kids in my Biblical Studies class and only a handful could tell me the stories associated with these themes. And that's at a Christian school. 
So please...if you have kids....teach them His word. Remember Deuteronomy 6.



The Bible in 50 Words
God made, Adam bit, 
Noah arked, Abraham split, 
Joseph ruled, Jacob fooled, 
bush talked, Moses balked, 
Pharaoh plagued, people walked, 
sea divided, tablets guided, 
promise landed,
Saul freaked, David peeked,
prophets warned, Jesus born,
God walked, love talked, 

hate crucified, hope died, 
Love rose, Spirit flamed, 
Word spread, 
God remained.


BTW...what's your favourite verse? story? in the Bible. Comment and let us know 'what' and 'why'...thanks. Mine????ummm....Love Psalm 121...and the fruit of the Spirit list in Galatians and Joseph's story is amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)