Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Moment

Yesterday morning I had a moment...one of those that takes your breath away.

Jacob was in my arms when the Newsboys' rendition of Presence (My Heart's Desire) came on the radio. We cranked up the volume (ok...I cranked up the volume) and with my little boy in my arms we danced and I sang along. And as we did, the words of the song became a reality. And boy! What a sweet reality it was.


Presence (Heart's Desire) - have a listen on youtube if you don't know this song.
I lift up my voice
To The King, The King of glory
I hold out my hands
To The One who is worthy
I long for Your presence
I long, Lord, I need Your touch

[Chorus:]
Come, oh Lord, and fill up my life
With the light of Your presence
This is my heart's desire
Oh Father, come and let Your spirit abide
I long for Your presence
This is my heart's desire

I long to be washed
In the well of Your mercy
I long to be warmed
By the fire of Your glory
I long for Your presence
I long for Your healing touch

[Chorus:]
Come oh Lord and fill up my life
With the light of Your presence
This is my heart's desire
Oh Father, come and let Your spirit abide
I long for Your presence
This is my heart's desire

It's my desire

(I wanna feel Your presence)
Lord, it's my desire
(I wanna feel Your presence)
Lord, You're my desire
(I wanna feel Your presence)
I wanna feel Your presence
I wanna feel Your presence
I wanna feel Your presence - Jesus

Lord, You're my desire
Lord, You're my desire


I just love the lyrics....full of words that speak of life and hope. Words like worthy, desire, light, presence, glory, mercy, long. Words that when we experience their reality, they change our lives. Words that speak of God's goodness, His provision and His incredible blessing in our lives.


And as Jacob and I danced and sang, I did feel His presence. It made my heart lighter...my lips curve upwards in a smile of delight and my soul sing. 


Take time to enjoy His blessings today....live with an awareness of His presence...even if just for a moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)