Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Friends and Faves #4

Today's Friday Fs & Fs installment comes to you from 3 lovely ladies....Linda, Joyce and Taryn.

In the Friend's section you'll hear from L as she shares some good stuff she's been reading (from J) lately. If you've ever worried....and let's face it, that's all of us....you'll be encouraged by what both ladies have to say.
And in the Faves section, my sister T has sent thru a link to some things she has been listening to lately that have been a blessing to her. Perhaps they will be to you too.

FRIENDS:
Excerpt from an email and it's pink coz that's L's favourite colour!
I mentioned to you the other day about the Joyce Meyer book 'Power Thoughts' that I am reading.  I have just read a page that I thought was so awesome that if you are wanting an idea for a blog, you can use this.  I will type it verbatim from Joyce Meyer.

"In years past, soldiers often protected themselves with shields, and in Ephesians 6:16, the Bible speaks of the "shield of faith".  Since shields provided protection, faith must be a way to protect ourselves when the enemy attacks.  However, a shield is only effective when it is raised; it won't help a soldier while it is on the ground or at his side.  He must lift it up and use it to cover himself from attack.  When the devil attacks us with unpleasant circumstances or thoughts that cause us to worry and be afraid, we should immediately lift up the shield of faith.  The way we do that is by deciding right away that we will trust God instead of trying to worry our way to victory.  It is very helpful to say out loud, "I trust God in this situation!"  Say it firmly with conviction.  Jesus talked back to satan by saying, "It is written," and quoting scripture (see Luke 4), and we can do the same.  God's Word is powerful, and it is effective against everything the enemy tries to do in our lives."

(a paragraph later)

"If you're a Christian who goes around burdened or weighed down all the time, something is wrong.  You may have had faith in Christ for salvation, but that doesn't mean you are living by faith.  The most difficult burden we have to carry in life is self.  Managing self, our daily living, feelings, temptations, temperament and inward affairs all can become a heavy burden if we do not place ourselves entirely in God's hands by faith.
Next, we must lay aside the burden of health, reputations, work, home, children and everything else that concerns us.  The Bible tells us that God is faithful (see Thessalonians 5:24); that's one of His major characteristics.  We can count on Him to come through for us, so we should trust Him totally and completely.  When we do, we will be ready for anything that comes our way.
There will always be situations that cause you concern,  but with God's help, you can live above all of them and enjoy life.  Learn to say with your mouth and with sincerity in your heart, "God, I trust You completely; there is no need to worry!"

I particularly liked the first paragraph I typed here, cause that's hit me where I am at the moment (like I mentioned to you the other day - fighting off the devil's try to cause me to worry or doubt) but i enjoyed the rest too, as in the past I have been a worrier, and excused it saying that's just me - I'm just a worrier.  But I don't have to be - I can choose not to worry about circumstances, and cut off worrying thoughts before they get bigger and bigger in my mind. 
 
 
Yes Linda! That's great truth....you make the choice. God provides all you need. So choose Him!

FAVES
Another email:

Hey K,
Thought you might like to put this as my contribution to your Friday blogs..... I've been having these stories from some people I know and others I don't as my "sermons".  Easy to listen to on the computer.  
http://sermon.net/familylifeaustralia/sermonid/2470256

Thanks T. If you go to this page you'll see a long list of other sermons from FLA. I am sure you'll find something there worth listening to. And since women are such wonderful multi-taskers, how about listening to one as you surf the net or Facebook or cook dinner or ????

Have a great weekend all....and remember, you're very welcome to make a contribution to future Friday posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)