Tuesday, October 12, 2010

By Faith....

Hebrews 11.....full of faith stories...what a challenge!


v 1: Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

By faith....Abel, Abraham, Jacob, Enoch, Noah, Joseph, Moses, Rahab....the list goes on. If you are unfamiliar with the faith stories of these ancestors, read Hebrews 11.

Here's some of my faith stories...
By faith:

  • I changed my QTAC form in Yr 12 and followed God's prompting to study in Toowoomba rather than Brisbane...where I discovered Student Life and truly came to know Jesus.
  • I applied for a Grad. Dip. in Ed course after realising journalism wasn't what God was calling me to....and launched into a rewarding and life-changing career.
  • I investigated the email asking for prayer for the little Christian school run by the mother's serving with Wycliffe Bible translators in Uganda....and spent a year serving God and others in Africa and learning about obedience and what it means to truly rely on God.
  • I allowed myself to be introduced by my sister and brother-in-law to the world of internet dating....and found Mr Right.
  • I trusted God to heal my husband of 11 months of myocarditis...and He did.
  • I hoped that despite our ages, we'd be able to have a baby....and now I get to hold Jacob every day.

Hebrews also tells us that 'without faith it is impossible to please God' (v 6) 
So, the BIG question is: HOW HAVE YOU BEEN BRINGING HIM PLEASURE TODAY?

Please add a comment...or FB or email me.....with one or more of your 'By faith...' stories. Let's be an encouragement to each other today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey readers...please comment...let's see if we can get the occasional conversation happening:)